Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October Update



Bet ya didn't know that Narcissus was actually a cat? Huh? Huh? Welcome to the October update, perhaps I should explain the pic. Ash and I are trying to clean and pretty things up a bit around the studio and this lovely thing appeared. TV garden people would call it a water feature, fancy person calls it a reflective pool and Ash calls it a bird bath. I personally think it looks like some kind of ancient screeing pool, which is kind of cool, currently it's predicting a cat 5 plus Typhoon... note the clouds.

This weekend Three A is showing at the Beast Kingdom show in Taipei, Taiwan. Getting there wasn't so pleasant this time though as there was lots of turbulance due to the presence of clouds spiraling off the Typhoon due to hit Japan any time soon. To all of our friends in Japan, stay safe.

A big shout out and a thankyou to Madames Chen and Chen and to all the people who came to last weekend's expo in Guangzhou, China. 

Last week, as some as you may know, was Golden Week and a lot of people in Hong Kong take holidays at that time of year. Ash and I tried to take a couple of days off but we failed miserably. We don't do holidays well, we get easily bored. In my case I've done something stupid to my shoulder and so I ended up in one of those scary MRI machines and told to take it easy. Sitting on my bum doing nothing is super hard and so I bought a book by a popular author and settled in for a good read, (loaded up on anti inflamatories). About a quarter of the way through the author used her main character to say some really meanspirited things about the work of another author. I got mad and lobbed the book across the room, rescrewing my shoulder, yay! 

From now on I'm sticking to my Kindle, I would never lob an ipad (too expensive).

In other news: Get well soon Morrissey, you irascible bastard! You were a fixture of our teenage years and the world is not ready to lose you just yet.

Till next time,

T.P